Wolf Hunters from Yggdrasil Gaming: Slot Review - a beastly but rewarding encounter!
Travel back in time to an eerie-looking town where a werewolf is preying on anyone that is brave enough to step outside at night in this new release from Yggdrasil Gaming. There is only one solution to stop this beast and that is to summon the Wolf Hunters! So stock up as many silver bullets as you can as we accompany the Hunter and the Huntress as they use their expert tracking skills to hunt down the evil monster. Will the hunters be successful and save the townspeople from being the next meal on the menu of this ferocious beast? Let’s join in the hunt to find out!
Wolf Hunters is a 5 reel slot game with 20 paylines that includes Respins, Sticky Wilds, Werewolf Hunts, and 3 Free Spins Bonus Modes.
Top Casinos for Wolf Hunters
The first feature to highlight is the standard Wild symbol. This is illustrated by the word ‘Wild’ displayed in a yellow frame. The main function of this symbol is to replace all regular symbols except the Scatter symbols on the reels to help form winning combinations. If you happen to land a Wild symbol on the reels then you’ll receive a Free Respin with that Wild locking into place. Land additional Wilds to receive more Respins. Once all reel positions are full of Wilds then no more Respins are awarded.
The Werewolf symbol is the highest paying symbol in the game and when this symbol appears on the reels then a random Hunter will show up and try to kill it. If the Hunter defeats the Werewolf then the Werewolf symbol will transform into a Sticky Wild and award 1 Free Respin. You will notice 2 blue meters displayed beneath the Hunter and the Huntress on the opposite sides of the reels. These meters fill up by 1 point when one of the Hunters defeats the Werewolf and also decrease the Werewolf’s red meter by one point which is displayed on top of the reels.
There are several ways to trigger the 3 different Free Spins modes in Wolf Hunters. They can be triggered in the following ways:
- Normal Free Spins – land 2 Scatters simultaneously on the reels to receive 10 Free Spins. The Scatter symbols are represented by images of the Hunter and the Huntress. It is possible to trigger more Free Spins by landing additional Scatters in this feature.
- Hunter Free Spins – collect 100 Hunter or Huntress points to get 10 Hunter Free Spins. In this Free Spins feature, the Hunter is upgraded for the entire Free Spins session (more on that below) and becomes enraged making it more likely that he/she will defeat the Werewolf in battle.
- Slayer Free Spins – when the Werewolf red meter is decreased to 0 then you will be awarded 10 Slayer Free Spins. These Free Spins allow the Werewolf symbol to act as a Wild and it will proceed to expand when it appears on the reels to further increase your chances of landing a big win.
During all of these Free Spins features, the Hunter and the Huntress will have a much better chance of defeating the Werewolf than in the main game. By landing Hunter/Huntress Scatter symbols then you can upgrade both Wolf Hunters.
- Hunter Upgrades - collect 3 Hunter Scatter symbols to receive 2 additional Free Spins. Once upgraded, then whenever the Hunter gets a hit on the Werewolf then the Werewolf will turn into a Wild and expand left by 1 reel position. When the Hunter is upgraded, all Hunter Scatter symbols are removed from the reels.
- Huntress Upgrades - collect 3 Huntress Scatter symbols to receive 2 extra Free Spins. Once upgraded, when the Huntress gets a hit on the Werewolf then the Werewolf will turn into a Wild and expand up and down by 1 reel position. When the Huntress is upgraded, all Huntress Scatter symbols are removed from the reels.
It is worth highlighting that if only one of the Hunters is upgraded during Free Spins then the Werewolf will always fight with the upgraded one.
Best Welcome Bonus for Wolf Hunters
Genesis Casino Welcome BonusClaim Bonus#Ad 18+ Full T&C's Apply.. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 30 per day for 9 days on Starburst. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - BeGambleAware.org
CasinoCruise Welcome BonusClaim Bonus#Ad 18+. Full T&C's apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 20 per day for 9 days on Starburst. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. BeGambleAware.org
Spinit Welcome BonusClaim Bonus#Ad 18+. Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 20 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - BeGambleAware.org
Theme, Graphics and Sound
With this being a Yggdrasil Gaming slot, you just know the presentation is going to be flawless and we are happy to report that it is as it features outstanding graphics and animations. Wolf Hunters takes place in a dark old town that’s surrounded by an ominous looking castle in the background and of course, there is a full moon in the sky to ensure the Werewolf is at its strongest. Symbols are expertly designed and consist of the Werewolf, a Hunter, a Huntress, a Bear Trap, a Silver Bullet, a Green Bottle, and your standard Heart/Diamond/Spade/Club icons. The animations are excellent as symbols frantically move up and down the reels and highlight brightly when part of a winning payline. I especially like whenever the Werewolf symbol appears and proceeds to battle the Wolf Hunters with a wonderfully produced animated sequence.
The music is moody and atmospheric which increases in tempo whenever the Werewolf pops up. It ties in perfectly with the horror theme of the game.
Top games from Yggdrasil Gaming
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game has 20 paylines, a reasonable RTP of 96.3%, and a fantastic maximum payout worth 2,500X your initial bet.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.10, 0.20, 0.40, 0.60, 0.80, 1.00, 1.40, 2.00, 4,00, 6.00, 10.00, 14.00, 20.00, 40.00, 60.00, 80.00, 100.00
- Werewolf Symbol: 50 for 3X, 300 for 4X, 500 for 5X
- Steel Trap Symbol: 40 for 3X, 150 for 4X, 250 for 5X
- Green Bottle Symbol: 30 for 3X, 100 for 4X, 200 for 5X
- Silver Bullet Symbol: 20 for 3X, 70 for 4X, 150 for 5X
- Red Heart Symbol: 16 for 3X, 30 for 4X, 70 for 5X
- Purple Spade Symbol: 16 for 3X, 30 for 4X, 60 for 5X
- Green Club Symbol: 10 for 3X, 20 for 4X, 50 for 5X
- Blue Diamond Symbol: 10 for 3X, 20 for 4X, 50 for 5X
Our Verdict on Wolf Hunters
This game is made by leading software studio Yggdrasil Gaming and is a highly entertaining slot we thoroughly enjoyed playing. Wolf Hunters features some of the best graphics we have come across in quite some time as well as a haunting soundtrack to nicely complement the action-packed gameplay. In terms of bonus features, there are Sticky Wilds, Respins, and an incredible 3 different kinds of Free Spins to keep the excitement levels ticking over nicely. The Normal Free Spins feature is the most profitable Free Spins mode as you can land extra Free Spins with both Hunters defeating the Werewolf more easily to get lucrative Wilds that can spread either to the left or up and down. Variance-wise, I found this slot to be Medium to High which means that it might take you some time to make a profit on the reels but with a top prize of 2,500X your bet to claim on every spin then it is definitely worth a few spins! For slots with a similar fantasy horror theme, check out Blood Suckers II and House of Doom.
Defeat a bloodthirsty werewolf to claim monstrous rewards when you play Wolf Hunters!