Village People Macho Moves from Fortune Factory Studios: Slot Review - disco fever on the reels!
Put on some platform shoes and dance the night away under a shiny disco ball in this new release from software producer Fortune Factory Studios! This game as you can tell from the title is based on the hit 1970s band ‘Village People’ so if you know lyrics such as “It’s fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A” and “In the Navy” then this slot should appeal to you right away. It is fully licensed and features a VP jukebox which allows you to play 5 chart-topping hits from the band at any time as you play the game. Join us as we dress up as a cowboy and take to the floor to see if we can land a disco-filled fortune on the reels in this exciting online slot?
Village People Macho Moves is a 6 reel slot with 15 paylines that includes Wild Reels, Walking Wilds, Upgraded Symbols, and Free Spins.
Top Casinos for Village People Macho Moves
The first feature to talk about is that this game features not just one but 2 Wild symbols which are a disco ball with the word ‘Wild’ inside and a multi-coloured disco ball with the words ‘VP Wild’. These symbols substitute for all other symbols and are also the highest paying symbols in the game as if you are lucky enough to land 6 on an active payline then you will bag yourself a fantastic cash payout worth a whopping 250X your wager!
Keep a close eye on the VP Wild symbol as when it lands on a reel, the other two positions on the reel will transform into Wilds turning it into a fully Wild reel. This is known as the VP Wild feature. A pleasing aspect of this feature is that it can occur on all 6 reels.
Above each reel, you will notice a meter displayed below each member of the band. When a VP Wild lands on the reel then a VP Wild token is added to that reel’s meter. To completely fill up the meter, you will need to collect 5 VP Wild tokens. Once you have done this then you will trigger the special Free Spins feature belonging to the respective band member. Here is what each band member has to offer in terms of Free Spins features:
- Reel 1: Construction Worker – 5 Free Spins with a random multiplier ranging between 2X and 20X.
- Reel 2: Cowboy – 5 Free Spins with 2 to 4 Wilds added to the reels.
- Reel 3: Cop – 5 Free Spins with 2 to 4 reels becoming fully Wild.
- Reel 4: Native American – 5 Free Spins with 2 Wild Reels that walk 1 reel to the left for each Free Spin.
- Reel 5: Biker – 5 Free Spins with all low-paying symbols upgraded to 1 of the high-paying symbols.
- Reel 6: Sailor – 5 Free Spins with 1 to 3 Sticky Wilds added to the reels.
Best Welcome Bonus for Village People Macho Moves
Theme, Graphics and Sound
Village People Macho Moves features a highly polished presentation in terms of graphics as it takes place on a disco floor with bright strobe lights along with all 6 members of the band bopping away at the top of the reels. Symbols in the game are wonderfully rendered onscreen and consist of Golden Microphones, 8 Tracks, Vinyl Records, Sunglasses, Platform Shoes, along with classic Spades/Hearts/Diamonds/Clubs playing card icons. The animations are slick as symbols zip down the reels and are highlighted by a neat rainbow coloured neon circle when part of a winning payline. It’s a very neat visual effect.
The music consists of stripped back versions of 5 of the most popular songs released by the band. It complements the fast-paced gameplay perfectly.
Top games from Microgaming
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game features 15 paylines, a healthy RTP of 96%, and a maximum payout worth 5,845X your total stake.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.20, 0.40, 0.60, 0.80, 1.00, 1.20, 1.60, 2.00, 3.00, 4.00, 5.00, 6.00, 8.00, 10.00, 12.00, 15.00, 16.00, 20.00, 25.00
Based on a bet of 0.20:
- Disco Ball Wild Symbol: 1.00 for 3X, 3.00 for 4X, 10.00 for 5X, 50.00 for 6X
- VIP Wild Symbol: 1.00 for 3X, 3.00 for 4X, 10.00 for 5X, 50.00 for 6X
- Golden Microphone Symbol: 0.35 for 3X, 0.75 for 4X, 1.50 for 5X, 5.00 for 6X
- 8-Tracks Symbol: 0.20 for 3X, 0.45 for 4X, 0.60 for 5X, 2.00 for 6X
- Vinyl Records Symbol: 0.20 for 3X, 0.35 for 4X, 0.50 for 5X, 1.50 for 6X
- Sunglasses Symbol: 0.10 for 3X, 0.30 for 4X, 0.40 for 5X, 1.20 for 6X
- Platform Shoes Symbol: 0.10 for 3X, 0.25 for 3X, 0.35 for 5X, 1.00 for 6X
- Yellow Club Symbol: 0.04 for 3X, 0.20 for 4X, 0.35 for 5X, 0.70 for 6X
- Red Heart Symbol: 0.04 for 3X, 0.20 for 4X, 0.30 for 5X, 0.60 for 5X
- Blue Diamond Symbol: 0.04 for 3X, 0.05 for 4X, 0.25 for 5X, 0.50 for 6X
- Purple Spade Symbol: 0.04 for 3X, 0.05 for 4X, 0.25 for 5X, 0.40 for 6X
Our Verdict on Village People Macho Moves
Village People Macho Moves is produced by Fortune Factory Studios in partnership with Microgaming and is one disco party definitely worth attending! It features fantastic cartoon-style graphics, a catchy disco-infused soundtrack, along with a lucrative range of bonus features. The VP Wild symbol is key to winning big here as not only can it turn reels fully Wild but is also used to trigger one of the 6 special Free Spins features. Speaking of the Free Spins features, we found the Construction Worker feature to be the most rewarding as it offers massive multipliers that can go as high as 20X! The top prize for this game is a jaw-dropping 5,845X your stake! Variance-wise, it is set between Medium and High so you will have to endure quite a few dry spins before eventually landing a big win on the reels. For slots with a similar Music theme, check out Spin Party and DJ Wild.
Boogie your way to a cash-filled fortune on the reels in Village People Macho Moves!