Reactoonz from Play'n GO: Slot Review - score some huge wins with these little critters!
Energoonz is one of Play’n GO’s most popular slot releases in recent years so it was a bit of no-brainer when they decided to release a follow up to this much-loved game (check out our review here). Energoonz stood out from the rest when it was released as it featured a unique 5x5 grid and lots of colourful aliens. This time around, Reactoonz features a bigger grid and even more aliens for players to have fun with. Let’s see if the bigger approach pays off for this sequel?
Reactoonz is played on a 7x7 grid and features Random Wilds, Fluctuating Symbols, and a Gargantoon mode.
Top Casinos for Reactoonz
The first feature to highlight is that the game features a cascading game engine which means that you form winning combos when you get 5 or more of the same symbol connected in a cluster. Clusters can be formed either vertically or horizontally and when you land a win, the winning symbols will disappear to be placed by new symbols which drop on the grid to further boost your chances of winning a big payout.
Every time you form a win, you’ll contribute to increasing the 5 Quantum Leap charge meters one by one. When a charge meter is full, of the following quantum features are added to the queue randomly:
- Implosion: Changes 3 to 6 symbols into Wild symbols while also destroying all adjacent symbols.
- Alteration: Chooses 1 random 1-eyed alien symbol and creates 2 intersecting diagonal lines through the grid. Both lines will now display the same random symbol.
- Demolition: Destroys all 1-eyed alien symbols and all matching symbols.
- Incision: Cuts a Wild symbol into the centre and creates 2 intersecting diagonal lines through the grid. Both lines will display the same random symbol.
Once all 5 charge meters are full, the Gargantoon feature is added to the queue. This amazing feature adds a 3x3 Wild symbol to the grid and if no more cascades are possible then it will become two 2x2 Wild symbols before ending up as 9 1x1 Wild symbols. Charge meters will continue to charge up for more effects until no more cascades are possible which really increase your chances of landing additional wins. The Charge meters are only reset at the end of a game round if there are no more winning combinations on the grid. In addition to these great features, the Gargantoon drops 4 to 8 Wilds symbols onto the grid at random when a non-winning spin occurs. This is called the Instability feature.
Reactoonz also benefits from a Giantoonz feature which is triggered when 4 matching symbols are formed in a square-like shape. This will create Giantoonz which means that wins are nicely doubled on any winning combinations.
The last feature to discuss is the Fluctuation feature. One random one-eyed alien symbol is marked as a fluctuating symbol in each spin. If this marked symbol is part of a winning combination then it will leave 2 Wild symbols behind when it disappears from the grid. It is worth highlighting that Wild symbols substitute for all normal symbols so this feature can boost consecutive wins quite considerably.
Best Welcome Bonus for Reactoonz
Theme, Graphics and Sound
The graphics are visually stunning as the game is set in outer space with a dark blue backdrop and twinkling stars. The aliens are a lively bunch of colourful and strange looking creatures and you’ll notice Gargantoon sleeping away to the right-hand side of the grid as he patiently waits for you to press the Spin button. The animations are excellent as symbols drop down on the grid nice and smoothly and disappear just as quick thanks to the superb cascading game engine.
The music is a bit techno and full of weird sound effects such as the aliens talking and abstract radio signals. It ties in nicely with the space theme of the game.
Top games from Play'n GO
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game features a 7x7 grid, a respectable RTP of 96.51%, and a maximum payout of 4,570X your initial wager.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.20, 0.40, 0.60, 0.80, 1.00, 1.60, 2.00, 3.00, 5.00, 7.00, 10.00, 20.00, 40.00, 50.00, 100.00
Based on a bet of 0.20:
- Pink Alien Symbol: 0.20 for 5X, 0.40 for 6X, 10.00 for 12X or more, 150.00 for 15X or more
- Dark Green Alien Symbol: 0.16 for 5X, 0.20 for 6X, 5.00 for 12X or more, 60.00 for 15X or more
- Orange Alien Symbol: 0.12 for 5X, 0.16 for 6X, 2.00 for 12X or more, 30.00 for 15X or more
- Blue Alien Symbol: 0.10 for 5X, 0.14 for 6X, 1.00 for 12X or more, 15.00 for 15X or more
- Purple Alien Symbol: 0.03 for 5X, 0.04 for 6X, 0.60 for 12X or more, 2.00 for 15X or more
- Brown Alien Symbol: 0.03 for 5X, 0.04 for 6X, 0.60 for 12X or more, 2.00 for 15X or more
- Bright Green Alien Symbol: 0.02 for 5X, 0.03 for 6X, 0.20 for 12X or more, 0.60 for 15X or more
- Dark Yellow Alien Symbol: 0.02 for 5X, 0.03 for 6X, 0.20 for 12X or more, 0.60 for 15X or more
Our Verdict on Reactoonz
Acclaimed software developer Play'n GO created this slot and it is a more than worthy sequel to the excellent Energoonz slot. Bigger is definitely better when you play this game as the cascading game engine has the potential to create lots of consecutive wins and it is fantastic that it features a much bigger grid this time around. Reactoonz features a very slick presentation and although it looks complicated to play at first, it is super easy to get into. I found this game to be Highly volatile so you will need to be very patient until you land a big win on the reels but let me tell you the rewards can be massive so it is definitely worth it!
Join Gargantoon and friends to land a space-filled fortune in Reactoonz!