Sea Hunter from Play'n GO: Slot Review - just add water!
Sea-based slots have been around a long time as software developers try to entice players to spin those reels in an underwater environment or aquatic setting. This latest release from leading software producer Play’n GO is no different as it is set deep down on an ocean floor filled with all manner of different fish as it invites players to hunt for hidden treasures. So get ready to suit up and prepare for a dive into the unknown as we check out if this game is really an exciting and memorable underwater adventure or if it is just in fact a damp squib?
Sea Hunter has 3 reels with 5 paylines and comes with features such as Sticky Symbols, Respins, and Win Spins.
Top Casinos for Sea Hunter
The first feature to highlight is the game features a classic 3 reel structure. This makes the game very easy to play as all you have to do is land 3 matching symbols to form a winning combination on the reels.
The Wild symbol is illustrated by a golden underwater mine. Like most standard Wild symbols, it substitutes all other symbols to help contribute to wins on the reels. Be sure to keep a close eye on this symbol as it is the highest paying symbol in the game. Manage to land 3 of these symbols on an active payline and you’ll be celebrating big time with a wonderful 25X your stake!
As you play the game you will notice a cannon with a meter on each side of the reels. These meters increase by 1 each time you land a win but reset to zero when you land a non-winning spin. There are 4 different cannons in the game and to activate each one, you need to form wins a certain number of times in a row. The cannons are as follows:
- Growth Gun: 2 consecutive wins are required. On the next spin, the cannons will shoot at 1 random symbol. All matching symbols will then be transformed to the next value symbol in the paytable. Unfortunately, the Wild symbol cannot be selected here.
- Sticky Shot: 4 consecutive wins are required. On the next spin, the cannons will shoot at 1 random symbol. All matching symbols will then become sticky and 1 Free Respin is awarded. The meter will not reset on a losing respin but will increase by 1 if the Respin results in a win.
- Wild Warhead: 5 consecutive wins are required. On the next spin, up to 3 Wild symbols are randomly added to the reels.
- Multiply Mortar: 6 consecutive wins are required. You are awarded 1 Win Spin where a guaranteed win is awarded. The cannons will then shoot the reels to multiply the win by a random multiplier ranging from 3X all the way up to a maximum of 15X.
Top Welcome Bonus for Sea Hunter
Theme, Graphics and Sound
The presentation of this game is second to none as you might expect from renowned software developer Play’n GO. The game takes place deep down on a lively ocean floor that is filled with sunken treasure and is teeming with all manner of aquatic life. Symbols are beautifully rendered on screen and consist of Whales, Octopi. Jellyfish, Puffer Fish, Clownfish, Turtles, Stingrays, and even Moorish Idols. The animations are a real visual treat as symbols run along the reels smoothly while silhouettes of fish swim by in the background and I enjoyed how the cannons illuminate and flash brightly whenever you land a few wins in a row.
The music is light techno and I liked how the tempo of the music increases every time a cannon activates. It ties in nicely with the fast-paced nature of the game.
Top games from Play'n GO
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game has 5 paylines, an excellent RTP of 96.6%, and a maximum payout of 920X your initial bet.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, 3.00, 5.00, 10.00, 25.00, 50.00, 100.00
Based on a bet of 0.05:
- Warhead Wild Symbol: 1.25 for 3X
- Whale Symbol: 0.75 for 3X
- Octopus Symbol: 0.50 for 3X
- Stingray Symbol: 0.30 for 3X
- Turtle Symbol: 0.20 for 3X
- Jellyfish Symbol: 0.10 for 3X
- Puffer Fish Symbol: 0.07 for 3X
- Moorish Idol Symbol: 0.04 for 3X
- Clownfish Symbol: 0.02 for 3X
Our Verdict on Sea Hunter
Play’n GO created this fast-paced slot and it’s an exciting trip to an ocean floor you won’t forget in a hurry! The game features a highly polished presentation that is quite simply stunning to look the more you play the game. Sea Hunter is also extremely easy to get into thanks to its simplistic 3 reel structure and features a nice range of bonus features, most notably the 4 different cannons. It’s all about landing consecutive wins in this game if you really want to win a huge payout. For example, if you are lucky enough to trigger the Multiply Mortar cannon then it is possible to win a mouthwatering 920X your stake! I found this game to be of High variance so you’ll need a sizable bankroll and lots of patience before you land a big enough payout on the reels.
Reel in a massive fortune when you play Sea Hunter!