Power Plant from Yggdrasil Gaming: Slot Review - electrify those reels!
Power Plants are often referred to as powerhouses or power stations. Simply put, they are industrial facilities that generate a huge amount of power which is usually electricity. These plants are essential to many cities all over the world as without them you would be living back in the stone ages reading books by candlelight and have no way at all to recharge your phone! Yggdrasil Gaming decided to pay tribute to these fascinating and powerful structures by releasing a slot that will take you deep inside one such Power Plant.
It's a 5 reel slot game with 82 paylines that features Stacked Symbols, Sticky Wilds, and Respins.
Top Casinos for Power Plant
The first feature to highlight about this game is that features only 6 symbols which come stacked and also a unique 82 payline structure. It is highly original and unlike anything that has been seen before when you compare it to other slots out there right now.
The Wild symbol is represented by a golden “W” and like most Wild symbols, it substitutes for all other symbols to help form winning combinations.
To trigger the Respins feature, you need to land at least one full stack of Wild Symbols on any reel. Once activated, you will be given 1 Free Respin with 2, 3, or 4 special features which are triggered depending on how many fully Stacked Wilds you land. They are as follows:
- 1 Fully Stacked Wild: respin plus 2 special features
- 2 Fully Stacked Wilds: respin plus 3 special features
- 3 or more Fully Stacked Wilds: respin plus 4 special features
The special features consist of:
- Active Wild: 1 normal symbol is chosen to become an extra Wild.
- Extra Feature: adds an Extra Feature but you are only allowed a maximum of 4.
- Nudge Reels: after a spin, up to 4 nudges can be applied to help boost your win.
- Swapping Symbols: when the spin ends, 3 – 5 matching symbols are added for a guaranteed win.
- Super Stack: 1 normal symbol is picked and transformed into an extra long stack leading to a big payout.
A cool thing about the Respin feature is that the original stacked Wilds will remain sticky throughout the duration of any respin.
Top Welcome Bonus for Power Plant
Theme, Graphics and Sound
The graphics are very futuristic looking as the game appears to be set inside a special reactor of some sort complete with brightly lit computer screens and fully-charged cables. Symbols consist of various hazard symbols such as fire, electricity, water, and wind. The animations are impressive as symbols rapidly move along the reels creating a nice blur effect and there is a very cool intro video that brings you inside the power plant when you load up the game.
The music has a real techno vibe about it. It suits the game quite well but it is a bit slow and could be speeded up a bit to complement the fast action of the game.
Top games from Yggdrasil Gaming
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game has 5 reels, 82 paylines, a very good RTP of 96.1%, and a low maximum payout of 275X your initial bet.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.25, 0.50, 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00, 3.50, 4.00, 4.50, 5.00, 10.00, 15.00, 20.00, 25.00, 30.00, 35.00, 40.00..250.00
- Hazard Orange Symbol: 4 for 3X, 30 for 4X, 200 for 5X
- Red Fire Symbol: 4 for 3X, 24 for 4X, 150 for 5X
- Pink Electricity Symbol: 4 for 3X, 20 for 4X, 100 for 5X
- Purple Wind Symbol: 2 for 3X, 14 for 4X, 70 for 5X
- Blue Water Symbol: 2 for 3X, 12 for 4X, 60 for 5X
- Green Leaf Symbol: 2 for 3X, 10 for 4X, 50 for 5X
Our Verdict on Power Plant
Power Plant is created by Yggdrasil Gaming and it is a highly original slot to play. The unique theme, special features and payline structure of the game should draw in many players to give this game a bash. I found I was able to trigger Respins quite frequently and the 4 special features certainly keep things interesting as you play the game. The slot is of Low volatility so expect lots of small wins from the moment you start spinning the reels.
Spark up a huge win in Power Plant!