Lost Relics from NetEnt: Slot Review - lost in time but not for long!
Enjoy adventure, a dab of archaeology, and looking for hidden treasure? Then you are in luck as this new release from leading software studio NetEnt ticks all those boxes! Get ready to accompany a Lara Croft-inspired adventurer as she works tirelessly on an excavation site in an ancient Roman city searching for relics that have been lost to time. So have your trowel and flashlight at the ready as we venture forth deep inside the ruins making sure to keep an eye out for the all-important hidden treasure chests that are buried everywhere in this top online slot.
Lost Relics is played on a 5x5 grid and comes with Coin Wins, Extra Wilds, Sticky Wilds, Extra Scatters, and Free Spins.
Top Casinos for Lost Relics
The first feature to highlight is that this game uses the Cluster Pays engine which means you need to form a cluster of 6 or more identical symbols in order to land a win on the reels. Symbols are only considered part of a cluster if it is adjacent either horizontally or vertically to the same symbol. This payline-less system is similar to other NetEnt slots such as Aloha! Cluster Pays.
When you land a win in this game, up to 5 instances of 3 random features in any combination may trigger after the reels stop, but before any wins are paid out. These features include:
- Coin Win – 1 of the winning symbols awards a cash prize between 3X and 30X your bet which makes it possible to win up to 150X your bet altogether.
- Extra Wild – 3 Extra Wilds will appear on the reels in positions that are not part of a winning cluster. Manage to get 5 instances of this feature and you will be awarded 15 Extra Wilds!
- Extra Scatter – 1 of the winning symbols awards an Extra Scatter.
- 2 to 4 Extra Free Spins
- Sticky Wilds that lock into place until the end of Free Spins.
- Coin win of 1X to 30X your total bet.
Top Welcome Bonus for Lost Relics
Theme and Graphics
The graphics are visually stunning as it offers a top-down view of a dusty excavation site. You will notice a campfire to the left of the reels illuminating the symbols to create flickering shadows on the reels. It’s a neat touch. Symbols are intricately detailed and consist of a range of lost artifacts such as Rings, Helmets, Daggers, Ruby Snakes, and your typical Hearts/Spades/Diamonds/Clubs icons. The animations are impressive as symbols glow brightly and are covered in an orange frame when part of a win. I also enjoyed how the symbols crumble and break whenever you trigger one of the random bonus features.
The music is upbeat, atmospheric, and quite catchy. It complements the fast-paced gameplay superbly.
Top games from NetEnt
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game is played on a 5x5 grid, has a healthy RTP of 96.3%, and a massive maximum payout of 6,000X your initial wager.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Coin Value: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.50, 1.00, 2.00
- Ruby Snake Symbol: 20 for 6X, 60 for 7X, 100 for 8X..5,000 for 24X, 6,000 for 25X
- Ring Symbol: 20 for 6X, 60 for 7X, 100 for 8X..5,000 for 24X, 6,000 for 25X
- Helmet Symbol: 10 for 6X, 20 for 7X, 40 for 8X..2,500 for 24X, 3,000 for 25X
- Daggers Symbol: 10 for 6X, 20 for 7X, 40 for 8X..2,500 for 24X, 3,000 for 25X
- Spade Symbol: 2 for 6X, 5 for 7X, 10 for 8X..1,200 for 24X, 1,500 for 25X
- Heart Symbol: 2 for 6X, 5 for 7X, 10 for 8X..1,200 for 24X, 1,500 for 25X
- Club Symbol: 2 for 6X, 5 for 7X, 10 for 8X..1,200 for 24X, 1,500 for 25X
- Diamond Symbol: 2 for 6X, 5 for 7X, 10 for 8X..1,200 for 24X, 1,500 for 25X
Our Verdict on Lost Relics
This game comes from software giants NetEnt and is a highly enjoyable dig around an ancient Roman city! As you might expect with it being a NetEnt game, the presentation is second to none with spectacular graphics and animations and is super easy to play once you get going. The bonus features are nicely varied and trigger quite frequently the more you play. The most rewarding feature by far is the Extra Wild feature as it’s possible to land up to a massive 15 Extra Wilds if the reels are kind enough to you. Revealing the Treasure Chests in the Free Spins feature is great fun but it can take a good bit of time to reveal the largest Treasure Chest on the reels. Variance-wise, I found this game to be medium to high so you will regularly win modest cash payouts but might have to wait a while until you land a big cash prize. For slots with a similar hidden treasure theme, check out Book of Dead and Treasure of Tombs Hidden Gold.
Embark on a rewarding archaeological adventure when you play Lost Relics!