Legend of the Nile from Betsoft Gaming: Slot Review - an explosive win awaits!
Egypt is a country filled with mystery and wonder and is a source of great inspiration for many software developers as they release slots inviting players to visit the awe-inspiring pyramids and learn all about the fascinating culture of Ancient Egypt. This latest release from acclaimed software studio Betsoft Gaming focuses on one of the most famous rivers in the world, the river Nile of course. In ancient times, it was thanks to the river Nile that Egyptian farmers were able to expand their farms, grow their crops, and transport their goods thanks to the river’s annual flooding. The river is so big in fact that it is commonly regarded as the longest river in the world. Let’s see if this game has what it takes to stand out from a market full of Egyptian themed slots.
Legend of the Nile is a 6x6 cascading reels slot and comes with 3 God Trails Bonus Games, a Progressive Jackpot, and a Double Up mode.
The first feature to highlight is that the game employs an innovative 6x6 grid with a cascading reels system. This basically means that winning combinations are formed when you land 4 or more matching symbols when they appear in a cluster. When you land a win, the symbols will disappear via the cascading reels system and be replaced by new symbols to further increase your chances of landing consecutive wins on the grid.
The Wild symbol in this game is represented by a colourful image of 2 pyramids. Like most Wild symbols, it substitutes for all other symbols except for the God symbols to help contribute to winning combinations on the grid. Make sure to keep a very close eye on this symbol as if you manage to land 20 or more Wilds on the grid then you’ll be walking like an Egyptian with a massive payout of 6,000 coins!
As you play the game, you will notice a set of meters located on the left-hand side of the grid. These meters are known as the God Trials and fill up every time you land a win. The God Trails feature 3 different Egyptian Gods with each one offering their own unique rewards. They are as follows:
- The Isis Trail: The Isis meter is located at the top of the power bar. This mode triggers when the Isis symbol pops up in a cluster win and completely fills up the meter. In this feature, you are awarded 10 Free Spins with each Free Spin win payout increasing in value.
- The Anubis Trail: The Anubis meter is located in the middle of the power bar and is triggered when an Anubis symbol is part of a win and fills up the meter to the top. You are given 10 Free spins and the value of the Anubis symbol increases during this feature to offer much bigger payouts.
- The Ra Trail: The Ra meter is located at the bottom of the power bar and is activated when the Ra meter fills up to 8 levels. In this feature, you will receive 8 Free spins, the chance to win cash prizes up to 400X your wager and if you manage to fill the meter to the final level then you will win the highly lucrative progressive jackpot prize.
The last feature to highlight is the optional Double Up game. To play this fun mini-game, you need to click on the “Double Up” button whenever you land a win. In this game, you have to choose between a scarab or a pyramid. Guess correctly and your winnings will be doubled. It’s possible to gamble all your current winnings as well, to do this just press the “Gamble All” button while in this feature but tread carefully here as if you guess incorrectly then you will lose all your winnings! You can also collect your winnings after you have won, to do this all you have to do is simply press the ‘Collect’ button.
Theme, Graphics and Sound
The graphics are absolutely outstanding and full of amazing detail and beautiful vibrant colours. The game takes place in Ancient Egypt and the backdrop of the slot is a golden Sphinx surrounded by pyramids with the river Nile prominently featured behind it. Symbols are wonderfully designed and consist of all sorts of Ancient Egyptian iconography such as the Ankh, the Eye of Horus, Payprus Reeds, Pyramids, a Golden Scarab, Anubis, Ra, Isis, and a Bird image. The animations are very impressive as symbols explode in dramatic fashion whenever you land a win. It’s a real visual treat for the eyes!
The music is soothing with just a hint of suspense. It ties in really nicely with the Egyptian theme of the game.
Top games from Betsoft Gaming
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game features a 6x6 grid, a decent RTP of 95.63%, a maximum payout worth 898X your wager, and a Progressive Jackpot.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.30, 0.60, 1.20, 1.50, 1.80, 2.40, 3.00, 4.50, 6.00, 7.50, 9.00, 12.00, 13.50, 15.00, 18.00..150.00
Based on a bet of 0.60:
- Ra Symbol: 1 for 1X, 2 for 2X, 10 for 6X, 50 for 10X-19X, 100 for 20X+
- Anubis Symbol: 10 for 4X, 35 for 5X, 100 for 7X, 700 for 10X-19X, 5,000 for 20X+
- Isis Symbol: 10 for 4X, 25 for 5X, 75 for 7X, 700 for 10X-19X, 5,000 for 20X+
- Pyramid Wild Symbol: 50 for 4X, 70 for 5X, 250 for 7X, 1,500 for 10X-19X, 6,000 for 20X+
- Mummy Mask Symbol: 40 for 4X, 60 for 5X, 200 for 7X, 1,000 for 10X-19X, 3,000 for 20X+
- Gold Scarab Symbol: 40 for 4X, 60 for 5X, 200 for 7X, 1,000 for 10X-19X, 3,000 for 20X+
- Eye of Horus Symbol: 20 for 4X, 40 for 5X, 100 for 7X, 600 for 10X-19X, 1,500 for 20X+
- Ankh Symbol: 20 for 4X, 40 for 5X, 100 for 7X, 600 for 10X-19X, 1,500 for 20X+
- Bird Symbol: 15 for 4X, 30 for 5X, 75 for 7X, 200 for 10X-19X, 450 for 20X+
- Papyrus Reeds Symbol: 15 for 4X, 30 for 5X, 75 for 7X, 200 for 10X-19X, 450 for 20X+
- Nile Tablet Symbol: 10 for 4X, 15 for 5X, 50 for 7X, 150 for 10X-19X, 300 for 20X+
Our Verdict on Legend of the Nile
Betsoft Gaming produced this highly enjoyable slot. The game is beautiful to look at and to play and is a proper gaming experience when using a mobile phone. The innovative cascading reels system provides plenty of entertainment and can lead to some huge payouts especially when you land a few consecutive wins on a roll. The God Trials provide excellent replay value as you try to fill up the meters while playing the game to trigger them with the Ra Trail being the most lucrative one since it offers cash payouts of 898X and a huge progressive jackpot on top of that! I found this slot to be of High variance so you’ll have to endure quite a few winless spins before eventually landing a decent win here.
Land a pyramid-sized fortune when you play Legend of the Nile!