Charms & Clovers from Betsoft Gaming: Slot Review - a lucky trip to the Emerald Isle!
The Emerald Isle or Ireland as most people know it, is said to be a country full of luck and good fortune. Legend has it that Leprechauns exist there, and they guard huge pots of gold at the end of a rainbow whenever it appears in the sky. Some old tales even suggest that if you make it to the end of a rainbow before it disappears then a Leprechaun has to give you all their gold! Charms & Clovers is a slot released by Betsoft Gaming and as the title suggests, is based on Leprechauns and the lucky country of Ireland. Get ready for a trip across the Irish Sea and see if you’ll be fortunate enough to bag a few pretty pennies or maybe even take the pot of gold from the Leprechaun but only if you make it to the end of the rainbow in time!
Charms & Clovers is a 6 reel slot game with 40 paylines that includes features such as Free Spins, Mega Symbols, a Double Up Mode, and 3 Progressive Jackpots.
The first feature I noticed while playing this game is that the reel structure is a rather unconventional one as it does not contain the standard set of 5 reels but actually 6. The Sixth reel is highly significant in this game as it gives players access to 4 unique bonus features that are triggered when you fill up this reel with 4 matching Bonus symbols. The features are as follows:
- Money Wheel: Here you get to spin a Wheel of Fortune to win up to 15X your initial wager. You may also gain entry to the Super Wheel where you can win up to 40X your total bet. If you are really lucky then you might earn the chance to enter the Mega Wheel where you can up to 100X your stake or even the Giant and Colossal Jackpots! The Jackpot totals are displayed at the top of the reels and can only be won when placing bets at the maximum level.
- Mega Symbol: You will be given 8 Free Spins and a massive 3x3 Leprechaun symbol is added to the reels to help boost your chances of landing a big win.
- Pots of Gold: You will receive 8 Free Spins and during each spin, 3 more Wild symbols are added to the reels.
- Golden Bonus: In this feature, you get to choose from 5 different pots of gold. Choose wisely and you could win up to 20X your total bet!
The Wild symbol is represented by the word “Wild” and it is covered by a bunch of lovely green clovers. Like most standard Wild symbols, it substitutes for all other symbols except the Bonus symbols to help form winning combinations on the reels. It is also the highest paying symbol in the game as if you land 6 of these symbols then you’ll be treating to a whopping payout worth 10,000X your initial stake!
The last feature to highlight is the optional Double Up game. This is activated whenever you land a win on the reels and gives players the chance to double their winnings. In this game, the Leprechaun will race over to you and give you the chance to choose between heads or tails of a golden coin that he will flip in his hand. Choose correctly and your winnings will be doubled. If you feel like your luck is really in then you can also decide to gamble 100% of your winnings but just remember that if you guess incorrectly then you will lose all your winnings and be taken back to the main game.
Theme, Graphics and Sound
The graphics are absolutely stunning as the game is set deep inside a lush green forest in the Irish countryside that's full of bright colours and amazing detail. You’ll also notice a superb 3D rendering of a Leprechaun to the left of the reels and he likes to join the in the fun from time to time as you play the game. Symbols consist of a variety of luck-based items such as horseshoes, lucky sevens, rainbows, clovers, and pots of gold. The animations are excellent as symbols move sleekly along the reels. I really enjoyed how the special sixth reel intentionally slows down whenever you are close to triggering a bonus feature.
The music is typical traditional Irish music and features lots of fiddles and harp sounds. It ties in with the Irish theme of the game really well.
Top games from Betsoft Gaming
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game features 40 paylines, a very good RTP of 96.31%, a maximum payout worth 10,000X your wager, as well as Progressive Jackpots.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels.
Bet Range: 0.80, 1.60, 2.00, 2.40, 3.20, 4.00, 6.00, 8.00, 10.00, 12.00..200.00
Based on a bet of 0.80:
- Charms & Clovers Wild Symbol: 150 for 3X, 300 for 4X, 600 for 5X, 10,000 for 6X
- Leprechaun Symbol: 500 for 3X, 1,000 for 4X, 2,000 for 5X, 5,000 for 6X
- Rainbow Symbol: 250 for 3X, 500 for 4X, 1,000 for 5X, 2,000 for 6X
- Lucky 7 Symbol: 100 for 3X, 250 for 4X, 500 for 5X, 1,000 for 6X
- Clover Symbol: 75 for 3X, 200 for 4X, 400 for 5X, 800 for 6X
- Pot of Gold Symbol: 50 for 3X, 150 for 4X, 300 for 5X, 600 for 6X
- Horseshoe Symbol: 40 for 3X, 100 for 4X, 200 for 5X, 400 for 6X
- Pint of Ale Symbol: 30 for 3X, 75 for 4X, 150 for 5X, 300 for 6X
- Bar Bar Bar Symbol: 25 for 3X, 50 for 4X, 100 for 5X, 200 for 6X
- A Symbol: 20 for 3X, 40 for 4X, 80 for 5X, 150 for 6X
- K Symbol: 10 for 3X, 25 for 4X, 50 for 5X, 100 for 6X
- Q Symbol: 5 for 3X, 10 for 4X, 25 for 5X, 50 for 6X
- J Symbol: 5 for 3X, 10 for 4X, 25 for 5X, 50 for 6X
Our Verdict on Charms & Clovers
Charms & Clovers is made by Betsoft Gaming and quite frankly it is one of the best leprechaun based games that you’ll find on the market today. The stylish presentation of the slot as well as the added bonus of a special Sixth reel, really helps to make this game stand out from the crowd. The bonus features provide excellent replay value although they can take quite some time to trigger when spinning the reels. It is also great that there are a few progressive jackpots to aim for, so jackpot hungry players are going to love this slot as well!
See if you have the luck of the Irish in Charms & Clovers!