Game Rules for Caribbean Stud Poker from Boss Media
The rules for this great online poker game
Game Rules for Caribbean Stud Poker
Summary of official Game Rules:
- After placing a bet, the player and dealer are dealt a 5-card poker hand.
- Only 1 of the dealer's 5 cards is visible.
- The player then must choose to either fold and lose the hand or raise.
- The raise bet must be 2x the ante bet size, so the total bet following a raise is 3x the initial bet size.
- If the player raises, then there are several possible payouts.
- If the dealer has an Ace and King or better (for example A,K,5,6,7), the dealer "qualifies." If the dealer does not qualify (regardless of whether the player wins or loses the hand), then winnings on the ante bet are paid and the raise bet is returned.
- If the player loses the hand and the dealer qualifies, then the player loses the full bet.
- If the player wins the hand and the dealer qualifies, then the player wins the ante bet, and the raise bet pays according to a listed paytable.
- Caribbean Stud Poker offers an optional bonus bet, which often involves a progressive jackpot. Like most side bets, the house edge of the bonus bet is significantly larger than the house edge of the main game.
- Malfunctions void all plays.